CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Most Recent Work

So I'm sure if anyone is reading this they have seen my piece in Moka Joka. I think the piece was successful in the end. I had the idea for the piece before now but I had to slightly alter the idea to fit the parameters of the assignment. The piece is meant to shock less and have the reset of the sentence more easily and readily available to read. I plan on installing this piece again and I have gotten some good feed back for when that is done. I spent about two hours talking to Matt Corson-finnerty about the piece today that was quite fruitful. We understood what each other was saying but disagreed on a few points. He felt giving the word special attention was contrary to how I felt and should be dealt with differently and he felt that neon should not be a component. I think neon is necessary to show how the word is treated by everyone else, that the text around it (being in larger black if and when the piece is reproduced) are my words in an attempt to inform and diffuse the neon. I think the neon is an important attention grabber, removing it would make the piece too easily ignored.



0 comments: